MINISTRY OF MASS MEDIA DEPARTMENT OF GOVERNMENT INFORMATION
Government Jobs 2021: Applications are invited from applicants who have served as Technological Officer / Technical Officer in Public Service / Provincial Public Service and have retired from service to recruit on contract basis fur the Post of Technical Officer (Building Repairs and Maintenance)of the Department of Government Information.
01. Qualifications for the Recruitment to the Post
(a) Age Limit: not more than 67 years
(b) Educational Qualifications and Professional Qualifications:
Post: Technical Officer (Building Repairs and Maintenance)
- Should have passed the G.C.E. (Advanced Level) Examination in three Qualifications Science subjects including Physics / Chemistry in one sitting.
- Should have passed the G.C.E. (Ordinary Level) Examination in six (06) subjects in one sitting with credit passes in Sinhala / Tamil / English language, Science, Mathematics, and another subject.
- National Diploma in Technology offered either by the University of Moratuwa or Qualifications the Hardy Institute, Ampara or National Diploma in Engineering offered by the National Apprentice and Industrial Training Authority (NAITA) Or
- Higher National Diploma in Engineering offered by the Ministry of Education and Higher Education Or
- Diploma in Technology offered by the Open University of Sri Lanka Or
- Should have successfully completed Pert I of the Engineering examination conducted by the Sri Lanka Institute of Engineers Or
- Should have completed the National Vocational Qualification (N.V.Q. Level 6) Level 6 relevant to Building Repairs and Maintenance (Civil Engineering) Or
- Should have obtained any other technical qualification recognized by the Tertiary and Vocational Education Commission as equivalent to the technical qualifications mentioned above upon obtaining clarification from the Ministry of Higher Education and above mentioned institutes that issue certificates of technology.
01. Method of Recruitment: An applicant who qualifies at the interview would be recruited.
02. Conditions of Service: Contract period of one year.
03. Salary: Total monthly allowance: Rs. 38,840.00
Applications mentioning the qualifications, experience, and other relevant information regarding all details and the names, address. and Contact Numbers of two non-related referees should be sent by registered post addressed to
“Director-General of Government Information, Department of Government Information, No. 163, Ibrulapona Avenue, Polhengoda, Colombo 05” mentioning the post applied for on the left-hand top corner of the envelope containing the application to receive on or before 05.03.2021. Originals of being certificates should be submitted at the interview.