Telecommunications Regulatory Commission of Sri Lanka Vacancies
Posts of Assistant Directors
The Telecommunications Regulatory Commission, Sri Lanka (TRCSL) is the regulatory authority for #telecommunications sector of the country with responsibility for facilitating the development of competitive, innovative and consumer-focused telecommunications, and is also responsible for managing and regulating the radio frequency spectrum in Sri Lanka.
TRCSL is a multi-disciplined, professional organization operating in a complex, dynamic environment.
We are looking for dynamic, result oriented, qualified and experienced individuals for the following positions in the Compliance Division of TRCSL.
01. Job Title: Assistant Director (Compliance)
No. of vacancies 03
- Handle all the Compliance Issues in the Telecom Sector
- Monitoring the operators to fulfill their license conditions
- Monitor the inter-operator relations and negotiations.
- Design and implementation of incentive schemes for expansion of rural telecommunication services
- Monitoring and handling issues related to statutory compliance and licence conditions 6. Managing the Consumer issues, Consumer surveys, Quality of Service Standards
- Handling the Consumer complaints, under section 09 of the Telecommunication Act.
Submit the proposals for developing the Consumer relations & Consumer protection
Organizing meetings with operators to take relevant steps for developing the consumer rights.
02. Job Title: Assistant Director (Financial Investigation)
No. of vacancies 01
1. Conducting the financial investigations regarding irregularities in the aspects of taxes and charges.
2. Conducting the investigations and preparation of reports and recommendations on revenue, consumer base and taxes in telecom sector, as required by the Director General.
03. Job Title: Assistant Director (Technical Investigation)
No. of vacancies 01
- Conducting the investigations regarding the technical irregularities in relation to the telecommunication sector.
- Preparation of reports and recommendations on technical matters as required by the Director General.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 1′ or 2’class Bachelor’s (Special Degree) preferably in the Engineering field from any university recognized by University Grant Commission of Sri Lanka or equivalent qualification;
- And Associate membership of the Institution of Engineers, Sri Lanka(IESL) or similar membership of other professional Engineering Institution recognized by IESL;
- And Minimum of three (03) years professional work experience, ideally in the Telecommunications / Radio Communications sector.
- Sound understanding of ICT / telecommunications / radio #communications technologies; how they are used by Operators or Service Providers & consumers in Sri Lanka.
- Excellent Communication skills (written and oral) in English and Sinhala /Tamil
- Age Limit: Not more than 30 years on the date of closing of applications.
- Salary Package: All-inclusive of Rs. 125,000 per month
Nature of Appointment:
The appointment will be on contract basis with entitlement for EPF & ETF.
Mode of Selection:
Selection will be through a structured interview preceded by a written examination to assess the skills of the applicants based on the criteria in table below. After initial screening,
Only short-listed applicants will be called for a written examination. Applicants who obtain the highest marks in the written examination will be invited for an interview.
Duration of Contract:
Merit Pool :
The selection process will establish a merit pool that may be used to fill similar positions within next 12 months.
Mode of Application:
- Full Name,
- Date of Birth
- Educational Qualifications,
Experience and any other details with names and address of two non-related referees should be forwarded to
#Telecommunications Regulatory Commission of Sri Lanka,
No. 276, Elvitigala Mw, Colombo 08
under registered cover along with copies of relevant certificates to reach on or before 11.03.2021 including the post for which the application is made on top #left-hand cover of the envelope.
Click Here for